This is one of those dishes that you have intentions of bringing to a dinner party, but once you taste test it, it stays home…and you consume it for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND dessert.
Check out Spud Vancouver 's blog about it here.
5 large, or 10 small yams
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup almond milk
dash of salt
2 apples, thinly sliced
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp coconut oil
1) Wash yams, cut off ends, pierce with knife, place on parchment paper'd pan, then bake at 400 for 45 minutes
2) Blend together yams, cinnamon, salt and almond yogurt
3) Pour into oven safe dish
4) Make Caramelized apples: melt coconut oil and coconut sugar in pan, add apples, then simmer until soft (10 minutes)
5) Top yams with apple slices
6) Bake at 350 for 15 minutes