The only thing better than biting into a delightfully crisp, ripe, organic, local and in season apple is slurping up hot apple sauce fresh from your kitchen.
The best apples for this are Macintosh for their softer texture.
What you'll need:
-As many macintosh apples that will fit in your pot! I usually use 8.
-2 tbsp cinnamon
-1 tbsp cloves
-1 tbsp nutmeg
What to do:
- Chop apples into inch cubes, compost cores (back to the earth where they belong!)
- Throw the chopped apples into the pot
- Cover the bottom of the pot with an inch of water
- Sprinkle your spices in there too
- Bring to a boil, give it a stir, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend it up with a hand held, or pour the whole thing into a blender
I like to keep the skins on for that added nutritional benefit. Many of the nutrients reside in the delicious skins after all.
This is such a great treat to have in the fridge at all times. Top your Jules Fuel with it, slurp on it for dessert, or throw it in your soups! Why not? Natural sweetness brought to you from the goodness of Autumn and mother nature.